I have been spending less time on blogging as I am spending more and more time on my new Kasper On BI format. In this episode of Kasper On BI we are talking about on making the journey from Excel to Power BI with Shannon Lindsey.
Shannon has no computer background but gradually starting to work with data through Excel. Then she found PowerQuery in Excel which led to Power BI. We will talk about how she learned these new tools and what the challenges were along the way.
You can listen to the podcast of this episode on Itunes or Spotify or listen to it here: Kasper On BI on the journey from Excel to Power BI with Shannon Lindsey – Kasper On BI
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Shannon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shan_gsd
- And on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannonrlindsay/
- PowerPivotPro training: https://powerpivotpro.com/training/
- SQLBi training: https://www.sqlbi.com/training/
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS PBI Reports https://www.pedaids.org/impact/data-dashboard/egpaf-global-data-dashboard/
- The report that Stephanie and Shannon worked on at a conference where they got help from the community! https://www.pedaids.org/impact/data-dashboard/point-care-early-infant-diagnosis-data-dashboard/
- Workout Wednesday: http://www.workout-wednesday.com/power-bi-challenges/
- Prepping data: https://preppindata.blogspot.com/
- Power BI user group: https://www.pbiusergroup.com/home
- Shannons blog (w Stephanie): https://data-witches.com/