Opening a Cube from Sharepoint issues

I made a connection to AS in Excel and published this connection as a ODC file to SharePoint as mentioned in a previous blog post. But when i openend the file connection by clicking itm i got a warning: “Excel was unable to get necessary information about this cube. The cube might have been reorganized or changed on the server”.
After some searching with MS i found a solution: I tried tuning the options without succes. Then i got thinking, it had to be something with authentication since 2 machines in our organisation didn’t get the warning. I turned on the AS profiler and tried connection and i got the error “XML for Analysis parser: The LocaleIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be assigned a new value.”. Ok it definitly has something to do with the locale setting..  On google i found the following post:
and by adding “Locale Identifier=1033” to the connection string the problem was solved. And the cube could be opened in SharePoint.
According to MS: “This is a known issue in the September CTP and it’s been fixed in recent builds” but hmm i definitly use AS SP2.. and excell sp1.
Update: After publishing a excel sheet created on a ODC file i get the same error again, it looks like he lost the “Locale Identifier=1033” addition to the connection string. The only way to get this working is to change the system en user locale. So it seems to be a genuine bug.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.