In this episode of Kasper On BI we are talking about analyzing large & streaming data with Azure Data explorer. What is Azure Data Explorer? How does it handle all this data? What can you do with it? What are some scenarios and much more. How do you connect it to Power BI?
The expert on today’s episode is Dany Hoter. Dany is a long-time industry veteran with multiple stints at Microsoft, working in many teams like Excel and Power Pivot. Today he works on Azure Data Explorer and owns its integration with Power BI.
This episode is also available on Youtube: https://youtu.be/56F4QzdFDls
Links from the episode:
Dany Hoter: https://www.linkedin.com/in/danyhoter/?originalSubdomain=il
Power BI and ADX links:
- Wat is Azure Data Explorer: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-explorer/data-explorer-overview
- Power BI and ADX best practices: Best practices for using Power BI to query and visualize Azure Data Explorer data | Microsoft Learn
- Using Dynamic M parameters: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-data-explorer-blog/m-dynamic-parameters-are-generally-available-in-power-bi/ba-p/3295014
- Using Aggregations with ADX https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-data-explorer-blog/best-practices-in-creating-aggregations-in-power-bi-and-adx/ba-p/3551363
- Using DateTime columns https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-data-explorer-blog/using-datetime-columns-from-kusto-in-power-bi-part-1/ba-p/3159392
- Extracting data from JSON column https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-data-explorer-blog/extracting-values-from-kusto-json-columns-in-power-bi/ba-p/3189183
- Kusto detective game: https://detective.kusto.io/