In this episode of Kasper On BI we are talking about data governance. What is it? What areas are there? Why do we even need it? Finally, we discuss Azure Purview (which is Microsofts data governance solution) and how it all integrates with Power BI.
The expert on today’s episode is Wolfgang Strasser. Data platform MVP from Austria and well-known Power BI speaker blogger. He also has been working on data governance with customers and on his blog, especially focusing on how to implement this with Power BI and Azure data estate which makes this episode interesting.
The YouTube of this episode is available here: https://youtu.be/U7QmMJPOMhQ
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Wolfgangon twitter: https://twitter.com/wstrasser
- Wolfgangs blog: https://workingondata.wordpress.com/
- PASS Data Community Session about Azure Purview (Unified Data Governance with Azure Purview) – https://passdatacommunitysummit.com/sessions/297055
- Azure Purview and SQL Lineage
- Azure Purview and SQL policies https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-sql/private-preview-controlling-access-to-azure-sql-at-scale-with/ba-p/2945491
- Azure Purview and Power BI https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-purview/microsoft-power-bi-and-azure-purview-work-better-together/ba-p/2912388
- Enhanced Metadata scanning API – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-metadata-scanning-setup#enable-tenant-settings-for-metadata-scanning
Power BI and Azure Purview (enhanced metadata scanning) video – https://youtu.be/iue37PHUPLA
- What’s new for Azure Purview at MS Ignite 2021
- Power BI and Azure Synapse workspace connector