In this episode of Kasper On BI we are learning how you can protect your Power BI data. We won’t talk about RLS or OLS but we are looking at protecting your data for exfiltration and data loss using DLP integration with Power BI (Microsoft Data Loss Prevention).
In this episode we will talk about how it works, where to manage it and what it protects. We will see how it is shared with other Microsoft products like office. How can your security or compliance team see what is going on? Finally, we will talk about more additional security features like integrating Power BI with Microsoft Defender for Cloud and what that offers.
The expert on today’s episode is Anton Fritz, he is the Program manager owner of these features in the Power BI team.
This episode is also available as on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/Ew6mqJ5OrX8
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Data protection for Power BI Data protection in Power BI – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
- Sensitivity labels in Power BI Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels in Power BI – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
- Data loss prevention policies for Power BI Data loss prevention policies for Power BI (preview) – Power BI | Microsoft Docs
- Microsoft defender for cloud: Microsoft Defender for Cloud – an introduction | Microsoft Docs
- What to tell your security team on Power BI? What to tell your security team on Power BI? – YouTube
- Power BI Security deep dive: Deep Dive: Power BI Security – YouTube