In this first episode of Kasper On BI we are talking to Power BI legend Phil Seamark about DAX. He will give tips and tricks on to write DAX, which patterns to follow, how to debug it and even how to write games using DAX:). Finally, we will also discuss aggregations and calculation groups.
Unfortunately, the sound on my side was not great, lesson learned for next time.
The YouTube video is available here: https://youtu.be/6fIyfpRVHYQ
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Phils blog: https://dax.tips
- Phils DAX games: https://dax.tips/dax-games/
- DAX Studio: https://daxstudio.org/
- GuyInACube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFp1vaKzpfvoGai0vE5VJ0w
- Learning DAX course: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/dax-power-bi/
- DAX formatter: https://www.daxformatter.com/
- DAX Approximate DistinctCount: https://dax.tips/2019/12/20/dax-approx-distinct-count/
- Books by Phil:
- Pro DAX for Power BI https://www.amazon.com/Pro-DAX-Power-Intelligence-PowerPivot/dp/1484248961/
- Beginning DAX for Power BI: http://aka.ms/PracticalDAX