In this episode of Kasper On BI we are talking about on making the journey from Excel to Power BI with Shannon Lindsey.
Shannon has no computer background but gradually starting to work with data through Excel. Then she found PowerQuery in Excel which led to Power BI. We will talk about how she learned these new tools and what the challenges were along the way.
The Youtube of this episode is available here: https://youtu.be/lIA5VmVPSoc
Links mentioned in the episode:
- Follow Shannon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/shan_gsd
- And on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shannonrlindsay/
- PowerPivotPro training: https://powerpivotpro.com/training/
- SQLBi training: https://www.sqlbi.com/training/
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS PBI Reports https://www.pedaids.org/impact/data-dashboard/egpaf-global-data-dashboard/
- The report that Stephanie and Shannon worked on at a conference where they got help from the community! https://www.pedaids.org/impact/data-dashboard/point-care-early-infant-diagnosis-data-dashboard/
- Workout Wednesday: http://www.workout-wednesday.com/power-bi-challenges/
- Prepping data: https://preppindata.blogspot.com/
- Power BI user group: https://www.pbiusergroup.com/home
- Shannons blog (w Stephanie): https://data-witches.com/