Marco Russo and Alberto Ferrari have announced a PowerPivot Workshop, a two days’ workshop that covers PowerPivot topics, starting from basic concepts and moving on up to complex data models and DAX formulas.
The workshop covers basic SharePoint configuration and usage. Although focused on PowerPivot integration, the workshop does not cover all the SharePoint topics that are needed to install a SharePoint server. This would need a complete course by itself and should be targeted to a more technical audience.
The main goal of the course is to facilitate the use of PowerPivot in the real world.
It is designed for professionals who want to use PowerPivot full capabilities while, at the same time, it permits to identify those scenarios where its use might not be convenient.
The course outline is the following:
- Introduction to PowerPivot
- Data loading techniques with different kind of sources: OLTP, DWH, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access and others
- Data Modeling basics for building PowerPivot data models
- Full coverage of the DAX programming language, with several hands-on examples
- Calendar computation and data modeling best practices
- Advanced data modeling techniques to solve some common scenarios
- SharePoint integration
The workshop is held at the Microsoft Amsterdam location on December 1st and 2nd.. Check out: http://www.sqlbi.com/workshop/